The newest upcoming Zelda game, Skyward Sword, has recently been shown at E3 with a new trailer. One of the things many fans have been fuzzy on, however, are details of the storyline itself. Lately, more details of the storyline have emerged.
- Link and Zelda live in the land of Skyloft, high above the surface of the world.
- At some point, Link participates in a bird riding competition as part of a Skyloft festival.
- Link wins the competition, and takes Zelda out on a date as his reward, flying her over the clouds on his bird.
- As they are flying, a tornado appears and sucks Zelda down to the surface world.
- Links receives the responsibility of rescuing Zelda yet again and receives his famous green garb as well as the Skyward Sword.
- Link meets his new guide, Phi. She will guide him as he travels across the surface world to rescue Zelda.
- Link enters the Sky Temple where he suspects Zelda has been hidden.
- After fighting through the temple, Link encounters Demon Lord Ghirahim, the lord of the surface world. He states him and his tribe are after Zelda.
- Link duels Ghirahim, who escapes, ending the battle.