Read more after the jump! YAHOOO!
A selection of 6 Mario titles are getting super special red packaging! Ok, there is nothing ‘super special‘ about it, but I think it looks rather snazzy. Nintendo claims that this packaging change is to make it, “easier than ever for consumers to identify these hit titles in stores!” Effectively, Nintendo doesn’t think that these games have high enough sales and so they’re trying to make them more identifiable by consumers in order to try and grab a few more sales.
Nintendo has also showered us with some of the titles sales figures:
- New Super Mario Bros.: more than 9.25 million units
- Mario Kart DS: more than 7.40 million units
- Super Mario 64 DS: more than 4.34 million units
- Mario Party DS: more than 3.27 million units
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story: more than 1.98 million units
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!: more than 1.01 million units
Will you be purchasing any of these titles, along with their new packaging? What do you think of the DS Lite’s price drop? Post your thoughts in the comments below!