So, here’s what we’ve all been waiting for: some info on the Nintendo 3DS eShop.
According to Famitsu Magazine, the virtual shop will be available to Japanese gamers through the system update in June. The update will also come with some Virtual Console titles, as well as some 3DSWare content, similar to things like Face Raiders that we already have.
Hit the jump for more details!
Here’s a list of the content that will supposedly come with the system update:
3DS May Firmware contents:
- Nintendo eShop
- 3DSWare – Rockman Dash 3 Prologue (200 yen), Petitcom (800 yen)
- DSiWare – import DSi Ware from DSi to 3DS
- 3D Classic – classic titles in 3D, Excitebike, Legend of Zelda and Xevious will be available
- Virtual Console Game Boy –Ikari no Yousai, Phantasm
- Virtual Console Game Gear – Sonic & Tails 2, Sonic Drift 2, Dragon Crystal, Columns
- Virtual Console Game Boy Color – Super Mario Land, The Legend of Zelda DX (Demo)
- Virtual Console PC Engine – games TBA
- Demos – 3D Video Player, 3D Game Trailer/Previews Channel, Fuji TV and Nippon TV Previews
Like with the average rumor, some things don’t add up. Like how Super Mario Land is for Game Boy, not Game Boy Color, and how nothing has been said before about any Zelda titles being on the Virtual Console, except for Link’s Awakening and Miyamoto’s statement about how ALttP could work on the 3DS.
What do you think about all this? Rumor or truth? Tell us in the comments below!