The mailbag for December 5, 2008 is contained within:

Naesala writes:

Hey, I liked the Super Mario Bros. movie, it’s very entertaining when you’re young. Anyway, I have two questions. You’re probably sick of hearing about both, but I’ve been busy lately and now they’re both old news.

1. What ever happened with the supposed “project Deluge”?

2. In a Nintendo Power issue a few months back, they had an article about some sort of super-secret thingamajig. It went something like this…
“It’s got a lot of heart. Just kidding. It’s Mother 3. Just kidding.”
What happened with that, was it Zelda related?

James writes:

1. It’s been floating around the Internet since it’s release.  I haven’t heard either way on the subject.  It has not been denied, nor truly confirmed.

2. Never heard of it.  Which reminds me, I have to go get Mother/Earthbound and play it…

Cyrus writes:

this is just a quikie (also those who post comments can respond to) what do you think about shigys comment that the zerlda series needs a new direction i think its a great idea. also in my last letter what i liked about mm so much was that the story (and gameplay) were so diffrent from every thing else in the series and that tps story was pretty obvious but anyways i have to go now

James writes:

I think that there are some fans that are losing interest in the current format of Zelda, so to tweak it a little would be a good thing.  I, however, don’t believe that they should completely overhaul the gameplay and story and overall aspect of the game.

Chad S. writes:

I found a very useful page with basically EVERY sound effect from Ocarina of Time. If you want to post a link to it somewhere on your site so people can find it easier it’s right here:

James writes:

Thanks, you gave me much enjoyment for the 10 minutes I spent on that site.

I approve of that site.  Seems ok, but I would use caution when surfing to it.

Chain Of Termina writes:

1. Did you notice that in the wind waker links eyes are green? What-up-wit-dat? Links eyes are supposed to be blue

2. I noticed that the project deluge rumors have died down. so, has it been cofirmed as total bullcrap?

James writes:

1. I couldn’t tell you… Missed thing?

2. Like I said before, I do not know if they have denied/confirmed the rumor.

Bloodsport writes:

Hi. i just had an idea about a Smash bros game, and i wanted to know what you thought of it.. I thought, seeing as the DS was a well selling platform, and Smash bros has always been a well selling series, i thought perhaps a Smash bros Ds game would be an idea. What do you think?

James writes:

Hmm… I think you should keep Smash on the Wii/console.  I think it is more suited for a console, but that is just my opinion.

Morpheel Man writes:

Hey! I, in case you don’t remember, originally joined the holy ZU from listening to your oh-so-holy podcast ZCast (when it was called that). I am still a big fan of it, and am concerned with the lack of frequency of new episodes being released. Plus, a while back (I believe it was the episode made to announce the new ZU) you—actually I think it was Margar (is that her username anymore?)—had said that ZUCast was being split into a ZU podcast and a Zelda podcast. Has this happened yet? If not, when?

James writes:

I do not know, but I will be sure to pass this message along to those wonderful people who run that podcast.

Omega1304 writes:

how do you change you race, like for instance i am a deku scrub at the moment, and want to change it

James writes:

Hmm… If you are playing Majora’s Mask, then you need to get to Clock Town, get your Ocarina back, and go back in time so that the Mask salesman can teach you the Song of Healing.  Then, you lose the Deku mask and become Link again!  To become a Zora and Goron, you must get those masks later in the game.  Good luck!

Dan writes:

I make a gaming web series called Life in a Game ( and our newest episode is a LoZ parody. I’m proud of it so I thought I’d try to share it with other Zelda fans around the web.

You can check it out here:

Please let me know what you think! Feedback is always appreciated. And if you like it, please share it.

Thanks a bunch.

James writes:

Interesting concept.  Watched half for now and will watch the other half later.  I would like to note that this is NSFW and has some language, so be warned.

Damien King writes:

I remember you used to have the font for zelda up on here for download and I was wondering what happent o it because I had to restart my computer I would like it if you could email me it and where to put it agian thank you

James writes:

Um… I don’t know where it went, but you could probably find it online.

• Hydraboxdog

I believe Omega1304 was referring to the forums. If so, you change your race by posting a bunch.